Photo session preparation and contact info
Please feel free to contact me at any time, I am available for freelance work and I will respond to your request within a day.
Make an Impact: Some tips on preparing for our photo session
- Get plenty of rest and hydration before the photo shoot-unless we are going for the pirate look. Also, it is best to avoid alcohol the day before. We want to have clear eyes in the shoot.
- Be sure to eat something before you leave for your session so you’re not hungry during the shoot and getting cranky. I can’t stress this enough. You will look better, be more focused, and have the energy throughout the shoot-especially for children.
- Make-up: You want to achieve a natural even skin tone, and be sure to cover blemishes.
- For men, all facial hair should be groomed unless you want to achieve the lumberjack look.
- For all, be sure eyebrows are groomed, teeth are clean, and lips are moist.
- Comb hair-ready and bring a brush, comb, etc. for touching up during the shoot-I am not Vidal Sasson, so I’ll leave the hairstyling to you.
- Hair and make-up professionals are recommended for best results and are available for an additional cost.
- Wardrobe: A good guideline is to try and wear natural colour clothing that doesn’t detract from your face: Your clothes should be generally a simple or classic cut. Try to stay away from large busy prints and loud vibrant colours. Be sure all clothes are lint and hair free…everything will show up.
- Headshots are shot in natural light and from the chest up. These are pretty straight forward; with colors, venues, and expressions as the core focus.
The Photo Session
My photo sessions will generally last for two hours, perhaps three hours more or less for team photos. I like to shoot in natural light outdoors sometimes using a light reflector when needed. Let me know how you feel about photography and what moves you to provide insight into who you are and your expectations. Never hesitate to share your ideas with me. We can talk about how you want to be photographed when you arrive and work towards the final result as the shoot unfolds. We will dance in the moment, which is the fun of co-creating.
After the session is over I will upload your images into a photography workflow (Lightroom) for processing. I want to capture you naturally, so I won’t be busy changing you into Barbie or Ken with ‘Photoshop.’ I will send you a link to your photo portfolio the same day with high resolution photos in a private gallery with password on my website. I usually take 200 photos per session. You will then be able to choose your final images after which I will make final changes. We can review the photos together to make your final selection or make additional image processing (black and white). I will then give you free access to the high resolution photos in a dropbox folder for use as print or web publishing.
For team photos, events or web site photos, I will first discuss your needs and then make an offer. I will need to calculate the time required for the shoot and post processing, determine if you need prints or digital photos and agree on how many photos you will require. We can then discuss the package which meets your needs based on my fee structure.